Thursday, December 02, 2004

The Echo Chamber

Here is the latest lyric I, under my pseudonym of One Emaciated Reckoning's protagonist Thomas P. Canton, wrote -- last night after having watched an intriguing Russian film called (in English) "The Return." The lyric has nothing directly to do with the film. Just the mood it put me in:

"The Echo Chamber"
Gas leak
in the echo chamber
hello, hello
this wasn't meant to happen.
can you hear me;
can you hear me?
like the game of telephone line,
that which ends
cannot be foretold.
a man digs a hole
then falls inside.
a dog chews a bone
and chokes to death.
the happy bride
now dines alone:
you toasted the moment
then lost your years
to indifference
then fatigue.
no one calls
no one cares
pick up the phone
and wonder why
and for whom;
what you have to give
and why would you anyway?
do this to yourself;
it's all you've got.
in the echo chamber
it's all so clear;
the meaning made lucid
the words said twice.
gas leak
you smell nothing
but just know.
hear me.
your memory
fades;
pick up the phone
no use
why?
you won't remember
when you understood;
what you understood...
or so you thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home