Tuesday, January 04, 2005

how do you live

Here is one I've just originally posted to a site in which my brother Daniel and I are collaborating, www.thejesuitsieve.blogspot.com Given its content, and because I find ordinary verse from my perspective so many miles away from the tsunami calamity abroad to sound trite at best, I offer this here as well, for what it's worth.

there
the way the light
flirts with dark
yields shadow
is it still you?
in distortion
indifferent
to intention
you play
the hand you are dealt
or not at all
the room fills
slowly
with smoke
faster
with laughter
all around you
and the world
the world
it doubles over
inhales
exclaims
you mean nothing
the givers
the babies
the cheats
and conformists
sucks them up
throws them up
and you sit there
in another place
may as well be
another world
consumed
christmas lights
bells
candy canes
two weeks after
christmas

1 Comments:

Blogger Paul V. Regelbrugge said...

tu as raison, mais "let us now praise ourselves" etait la meme chose. L'humeur, bien sur, mais c'etait une piece de condemnation, n'est-ce pas?

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home