Wednesday, April 20, 2005

cleanliness is next to godliness

okay
okay
i've changed my mind
since i want to touch you
all over
i will wash these hands
after all
the hands that handled
uncooked meats
and poultry
i know it's sick
and you mind the flies
that follow me so
but my aim is true
i really love you
okay
shit
i'll even go to church
cut my nails
wash the dishes
this ratty old hair
what's left of it
i know
pick up after myself
and stop saying
christ
i'm only a man
what did you expect
if only you'll sleep with me
under the stars
in the back of the chevy
camp fire
camp smoke more like it
indian signals without language
fishing rods on the ready
music playing
the a.m. radio
the way it used to be
the way we used to be
before the beer
or the food
slowed me down
and i got too washed up
to summon the resolve
summon the reason
to wash up
these hands
this life
and so now what the hell do you mean
you're no longer in the mood
when it's only you
can save me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home